Weight Loss Tips
We’ve long figured that out – eating less will result in less body weights. What’s complicated is how to eat less. We are helping you out with 9 effective weight loss tips to help you eat less and lower your body weight. You have to master each one until it becomes a habit.
Here they are:
1. Taste every bite. Feel the texture, smell the aroma and spices, think about the ingredients, chew and enjoy the food. It’s also a good idea to put down the fork and spoon after every bite. Add time to your meal’s duration. If at present, your meal averages only 10 minutes, make it 20 minutes. Add time, not food.
2. Reduce the size of your cups, bowls and plates. Do an inventory of your dinnerware. If your plates and bowls are large, chances are you’ve been eating large meals, too. Fool the eye and use smaller plates. Studies show that we tend to scoop bigger servings when our bowls and plates are bigger so think small plate small portion.
3. Eat outside the box. Eating cereals out of the box, or crackers out of the bag, will make your portions difficult to track. Instead, get a small dish, get a small portion, and put away the big bag. Enjoy your small portion and forget about the stashed bag.
4. Recognize your weakness. That would be the food that you have difficulty resisting. There could be several kinds of food, so make a list. Make a conscious effort how you avoid them or control your dose on them. Plan how you will limit yourself – say, a slice of chocolate cake every week, and no more. Mastering this will have a lasting impact on your body weight.
5. Keep a log of the food you eat every day. This will help you realize what calorie-laden fruits you are in the habit of eating every day that negatively impact your body weight. This will also be you base data when you eventually decide to seriously plan your diet. Just knowing what you unmindfully eat every day sometimes makes you lose appetite for a particular food.
6. Use your plate to apportion a well-balanced meal. Half of the plate must be filled with vegetables and fruits. One-fourth will be for protein, such as lean meat, eggs, dairy, and legumes, and the other fourth with whole grains. And don’t ever think that you can use a bigger well-apportioned plate; that’s still a no-no.
7. Choose lean protein and pack this into your meals and snacks. Protein is longer to digest; hence, delays hunger pangs. It is also the building block of muscles, not fatty masses.
8. When eating out, ask for half the dish. No, you don’t throw the other half; ask to have it wrapped for taking home. That way, you eat less and still feel that you get the full value for your money.
9. Make sure you eat breakfast every day. It’s not just an old wives’ tale this is an often one of the most overlooked weight loss tips. Researchers have found out that people who have the habit of eating breakfast eat less total calories every day and have lower body weight and body mass index (BMI).
None of these weight loss tips are impossible; in fact, they’re quite easy to do. So easy, you can start these weight loss tips with your next meal to take control of your body weight!